Saturday 18 December 2010

Concert

Craving to discover good Japanese bands, I picked up a free music magazine in a record shop and decided to look up on the internet all the bands listed (well there weren't many names I could decipher). And the result is DOES (pronounced DO-SEU in Japanese), who will play in January in Fukuoka. I haven't been to a concert in Japan yet so decided to go to theirs.

Next step was to buy the ticket.
I haven't got a Japanese card and don't intend to pay the charge to use my English card so I was looking for a way to pay in cash. I asked my neighbour (who happens to like the DOES, cool) how to do that and I discovered that there is a code for each entry in the concert list.
So to buy the ticket, you go to any convenience shop (Lawson and co.) armed with your code, go to a machine in the shop and follow the instructions on the screen (with the help of the shop assistant to understand what's written (dammed kanjis!)).
You choose the date of the concert, how many people are going, give your name, telephone number, etc...Once it's all done, you get a receipt,which you bring to the till. They then issue you a proper ticket and sign* the receipt.

DOES here I come!!!

*Signature: in Japan, adult don't sign the way we do in Europe. They have a hanko (or personal seal).

No comments:

Post a Comment